Our class is a live instructor-led class with hands-on training which will enable you to;
- Configure and manage the essential features of Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls
- Configure and manage GlobalProtect to protect systems that are located outside of the data center perimeter
- Configure and manage firewall high availability
- Monitor network traffic using the interactive web interface and firewall reports
*PLEASE BRING YOUR LAPTOP*
- Course level: Introductory
- Course duration: 2 Days
- Course format: Combines lecture with hands-on labs
- Platform supported: All Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls
- Lab: Palo Alto vm100 Firewalls (v7.1z), Virtual Desktops
Students attending this introductory-level class will gain an in-depth knowledge of how to install, configure, and manage their firewall, as well as configuration steps for the security, networking, threat prevention, logging, and reporting features of the Palo Alto Networks Operating System.
Topic covered include:
- Platforms and Architecture
- Administration & Management
- Network Configuration
- Content ID
- High Availability
- Introduction to Palo Alto– Next Generation Features, Platforms, Setup
- Architecture / Packet Flow / HA – Control Plane vs Data Plane, Paket Flow, HA Options
- Management – WebUI, CLI, API, Panorama
- Network Configuration – Ports-types, Aggregate Ethernet, Virtual Router, IP Addressing, Mgt Profile, Zones
- Objects and Profiles – Address, Applications, Services, Tags, Security Profiles, Authentication Profiles
- Policies – Security, NAT
- Monitoring – Logs, Session Browser, Reporting
- Advanced – Application ID, User-ID, PBF, QOS, SSL Decryption
Security Engineers, Network Engineers, and Support staff
- Students must have a basic familiarity with networking concepts including routing, switching, and IP addressing.
- Students should also be familiar with basic port-based security concepts.
- Experience with other security technologies (IPS, proxy, and content filtering) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Firewall Installation, Configuration, and Management or equivalent experience is highly recommended.